Saturday, August 29, 2009

Michael Jackson

The drug I get intravenously before chemo to "take the edge off" is Lorazepam (or brand name Ativan) which is one of the main contributors to Michael Jackson's death. Terry kept saying he didn't like that drug. I never took it at home because the three main anti nausea drugs (Emend, Zolfran and Dexamethasone) kept me feeling fine. One dose of Lorazepam knocked me out for an entire day! I am thinking that maybe Michael was doing something other than dancing all day to make it so hard for him to sleep at night!

Today is the third day after chemo. This was highlighted as a bad day in chemo class at Duke. I was pretty exhausted last cycle, so plan to keep today as restful as possible. Isaac is cooking dinner tonight. Looking forward to it!

1 comment:

  1. Another interesting factoid about Ativan is that it is sometimes refered to as the 'amnesia' drug. Works wonderes in not only taking the edge off and as a ctalyst for many other meds (like benadryl), but it also tends to wipe the memory clean from any ill effects of the previous day. Josh

    ReplyDelete