Good news! I found out that there is free parking right outside the clinic for radiation treatments. Thats cool. I paid $6 for parking yesterday. Sounds like chemo is the seven course meal and radiation is fast food. Efficiency is much more important when you go 5 days a week.
Thursday, January 7, 2010
End in sight!
Yesterday was my tenth of 12 weekly Taxol chemo treatments. I saw the oncologist. He said the left tumor is nearly gone but the right tumor has not changed size. No surprise. The Oncotype DX test predicted that the left tumor would be more responsive to chemo. He used the L word (lumpectomy) and scheduled a breast MRI in a couple weeks to get accurate measurements which we will discuss on my last treatment day. I am doubtful that a lumpectomy will be possible since the right side still has a tumor about 1.6 cm and requires a clear margin. The left side has the the tumor site plus two pre cancers which are all planned to be removed... they are spread out enough that with margins it covers a lot of territory.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment