Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Mid Point

Today I took the mid point bike test for the exercise study. It is pretty complex test. They have me connected to a heart monitor, check my blood pressure several times and even monitor the air I am exhaling. I don't claim to understand most of it. From their reaction, I did pretty well. Unfortunately this means they will be pushing me harder the last 6 weeks of the study. Had I been smarter (and the monitoring equipment less sophisticated) I could have faked "hitting the wall" earlier in the test and had an easy ride for the rest of the study. I also had my body density/compsition calculated and am in the midpoint of the normal range for % body fat. Strangely, I am simultaneously having my worst disease experience and at my peak fitness level.

Tomorrow is my third chemo. My naps are becoming more important as I now understand cumulative effects of fighting the battle. I really don't have time to do everything I would like to do. I am prioritizing what I want to do, what I can get help with and what is really not so important. My spirits are good thanks to the moral support I am getting.

No comments:

Post a Comment